All testing centers are closed until further notice. If students have questions, please contact your instructors.
COVID-19 Academics and Instruction Updates
CELT has a “Quick Start Guide” with strategies to help faculty continue to teach during this unexpected change to online course delivery.
Exams and the Online Testing Center
ISU has closed the online testing centers until further notice.
The testing centers will continue to support students with previously approved remote proctors. If students need to change their proctors, they should contact the testing center directly so the testing center can update their records.
Effective March 16, the testing centers will not be able to accept new requests for remote proctoring from faculty.
Possible Alternatives to Using the Online Testing Center
1) Pedagogical Alternatives:
- Allow students to take non-proctored Canvas examinations (called quizzes in Canvas) using best practices for maximum security including, question groups, shuffling questions, and time limits.
- Consider other methods within Canvas such as homework, quizzes, discussion postings that allow for assessment of the same content.
2) Technology Alternatives:
- Consider Online Proctoring: CELT is evaluating options for necessary online proctoring. More information will be available on Wednesday, March 18, “explore online delivery methods” site.
- Top Hat allows for student quizzing; best practices should be used for Top Hat quizzing.
3) Other Alternatives:
- If the exam was a paper-based exam, consider making it an open book examination. Students would then need to take a picture or scan the document and submit it as an assignment in Canvas.
- Consider delaying the exam and/or including the exam content on a comprehensive final exam.